- 1 x 400g tin black beans, drained weight 230g
- 1 tin chair de tomates (or ½ tin Italian tomatoes drained)
- 1 tablespoon (Easy on the) Jalapenos, chopped
- the juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon crème fraiche
- ½ pack fresh coriander (25g)
- First of all drain the black beans and rinse them under cold running water. Now place half of them in the goblet of a food processor, then add the tomatoes, jalapeno peppers, lime juice and coriander. Season well with some salt and whiz the whole lot until it is quite smooth.
- Next add the rest of the black beans and give these a short burst in the processor (this is to give the dip a little bit of texture). Now transfer it all to a bowl and fold in the crème fraiche.
- Taste to check the seasoning, then serve garnished with some more coriander and wedges of lime, with potato wedge (or whatever else you fancy) to dip in.