- 6 pieces of fish sausages
- 2 large heads radicchio, about 10 ounces each
- 3 to 4 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, more to taste
- 2 pounds sweet or hot Italian sausages
- 1 lemon, halved
- Basil leaves, for serving
- Light or heat up the grill. Halve radicchios lengthwise through stem end, and toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil (or more if you need it to coat) and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Put radicchios, cut side down, and sausages on the grill and cover. Let cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until outer radicchio leaves are dark brown. Transfer to a cutting board and let cool while sausages finish cooking, about 5 minutes more.
- When cool enough to handle, thinly slice radicchios. The outsides should be charred, and the insides should still be crisp and raw. Combine in a bowl with another 2 tablespoons olive oil and the juice of half a lemon. Taste and correct seasonings, adding lemon juice, salt and olive oil to taste.
- Spread radicchio on a platter and top with grilled sausages. Garnish with basil and serve.