Grilled Fish Taco Salad
- 1 large avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 medium cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 (6 ounce) Basa fillets
- 1 medium lime
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 cups romaine lettuce
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup shredded Colby-Jack cheese
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups tortilla strips
- Reynolds Wrap® Aluminum Foil
- Add all ingredients to list
- Make the dressing by combining the avocado, yogurt, garlic, lime juice, honey, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a blender. Blend until creamy (the dressing willbe thick), then cover and refrigerate the dressing while you make the salad.
- Preheat the grill for 10 minutes on medium heat. Prepare the foil packets by placing two halibut fillets on each sheet of Reynolds Wrap(R) Aluminum Foil. Squeeze the lime juice atop the fillets, then sprinkle them with the cumin and a pinch of salt and pepper. Fold and crimp the edges together to form sealed foil packets.
- Place the foil packets on the grill, close the lid and grill the fish for 8 to 10 minutes or just until the fish flakes easily and is opaque throughout. Remove the foil packets from the grill and unwrap them.
- Prepare the taco salad by layering the lettuce, beans, cheese, tomatoes and tortilla strips on serving plates. Arrange the grilled fish on top of the salads, drizzle with the avocado dressing and serve.