Capsicum Prawn Curry
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Prawns- 500 grams (shelled and deveined)
- Onion- 1 (sliced)
- Garlic- 8 pods (chopped)
- Capsicum or bell peppers- 1 (chopped)
- Tomato- 1 (chopped finely)
- Tamarind pulp- 1tbsp
- Raw mango (grated)- 1tbsp
- Red chilli powder- 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder- 1tsp
- Onion seeds or kalounji- 1/2 tsp
- Green chillies- 2 (whole)
- Oil- 2tbsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Marinate the prawns with salt and turmeric. Leave it aside for 10 minutes while you chop the other ingredients.
- Heat oil in a deep bottomed pan. When it steams, add the prawns to the pan. Saute for 5 minutes until the prawns turn golden.
- Then strain the fried prawns and keep it aside.
- Season the leftover oil with kalounji and whole green chillies.
- Add onions and saute for 3-4 minutes on a low flame. Then add garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Pour capsicum into the pan and saute for 3 minutes more on a low flame.
- Then add tomatoes, turmeric, red chilli powder, coriander power and salt from the top. Mix it up and cook on low flame for 3-4 minutes until the tomatoes melt.
- Add tamarind pulp and grated mangoes. Stir and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of water and bring the curry to boil.
- Then pour the sauteed prawns into the curry and cover. Cook on a low flame for 8-10 minutes.